Roof Types & Slopes
- Skylights are designed to fit homes with 16” and 24” on centre rafters or trusses. Columbia skylights can be installed on asphalt or fiberglass shingles, slate, cedar shingles or shakes, concrete and Spanish tile, metal roofs, and rubberized membrane – EPDM.
- Columbia step flashing kits are suitable for curb mount models on asphalt shingle and wood shake roofs only.
- Columbia acrylic curb mount dome or pyramid skylights can be installed on all flat roof applications.
- Sits on site built 2 x 4, 2 x 6, or 2 x 8 curb with aluminum flashing.
- Minimum 15o roof pitch for glass.
- Acrylic dome and pyramid models can be installed on flat roofs. The curb must include a cant strip and special flashing for this application.
- Installed on roof surface and includes a built in curb.
- Both acrylic and glass models must be installed on a minimum 3:12 pitch roof.
- Does not require metal flashings.
Wood Roof Window:
- Must be installed on minimum 15o roof pitch.
- For warranty to be valid, a Columbia flashing kit and skylight underlayment must be installed with Columbia roof window.
- Columbia flashing kit suitable for asphalt or fiberglass shingles, or cedar shingles or shakes only.